Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, March 16, 2018

Return to National Cathedral

Last week I was the designated driver for a trip to the National Cathedral in Washington DC for Tour and Tea.  I had been before for this event a number of years ago before I moved to Vantage House and though the others had been to the Cathedral in their past, they had never experienced the tea on the 7th floor.


It was a rainy blustery day but we were indoors so no problem with that.  By the time tea was done at 3:30 the sun was shining so we enjoyed the view.

Here is a bit of a look at the Cathedral.









Below is the Space window.


In the center of the red medallion is a bit of Moon rock.


Sorry Lincoln is in shadow.


This is the window dedicated to him.



I caught the laser pointer of the guide on this window and now I don't recall its significance.




The Cathedral is still dealing with the effects of the earthquake and has an enormous need for funds to fix the damage.






There were 5 of everything for tea prepared by the All Hallows Guild as a fund raiser for the gardens.


It was all delicious.


The view from the 7th floor.


Time to return home but two more photos of the cathedral and ongoing restoration.



The National Cathedral offers a wide variety of tours.  Many many years ago Dan and I took our daughters to an early morning behind the scenes tour where we climbed to many different levels.  Check out their website for tour choices if you are going to be In Washington DC.

4 comments:

Tom said...

...quite a building!

Elaine said...

What a wonderful building! I have really enjoyed that little tour and the view from the 7th floor is breathtaking.
Your tea looks rather scrumptious. These days we prefer to treat ourselves to a beautiful tea, rather than a dinner out somewhere.

Betty W said...

What a stunning view! This will be on my to do list, if I ever get to that part of the world!

Fun60 said...

The windows are amazing. How different to go to a Cathedral for tea.